An increasing number of people retire every year at different levels. Many of the retirees are not prepared for such a drastic change as they discover that the pension is inadequate. The employer, in addition to catering for the employees’ retirement benefits should sensitize them on the need to prepare for retirement early in their careers.
Traditionally, most companies offered retirement packages to their retirees hence most empoyees looked forward to working with one company and retiring with them however, currently, a large number of impending retirees are either dreading it or are apprehensive regarding one or a number of aspects of retirement. The number one biggest fear on what they can expect is whether they will manage financially.
Our dynamic and collaborative Retirement planning program focuses not only on the important aspects of retirement, but also more personal issues such as work-life transitions, emotional preparedness and new or part-time employment.
This program will highlight:
• Retirement (voluntary or mandatory) is the next phase of career which should be planned ahead just like it was with the preceding phase of productive employment
• This continuous journey needs to be taken holistically, enabling one to psychologically and mentally prepare for a successful, productive and optimal life in retirement
• Retirement paradigm shift – “We retire to something, rather than from something”
• Retirement is the “3rd Box” of life consisting not only of leisure but also contents of all the previous two “Boxes”, i.e. learning & self-development and productive life
• The retirement journey must be navigated with appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities for optimal fulfillment and satisfaction
For a modest cost, employers can reward the valuable service their employees have given by offering them the opportunity to go through a well-structured and researched ‘check-list’ of things they ought to have considered to ensure they exploit retirement’s rich potential.
At the end of the Retirement Planning program, employees will learn to:
• Assume accountability and responsibility for their retirement plan
• Profile their next theme of life that suits your character, interests, needs and current circumstances
• Develop their holistic retirement plans encompassing Spiritual-Physical-Intellectual-Career-Emotional-Social & Financial (SPICES/F) of life
• Make sound decisions to create (invest), protect (insure, etc.) and distribute (wills, etc.) their wealth to achieve your financial well-being targets
• Live a renewed life and create fulfilling retirement lifestyles
• Optimize their senior years in terms of personal freedom and self-realization Why Retirement Planning Matters
The Retirement planning program provides significant benefits and savings to both the organizations and their employees. The employer stands to:
• Enhance employee motivation and productivity
• Become a caring employer
• Attract and keep valuable employees
• Gain a recruiting advantage
Planning ahead always add values and bring substantial advantages. Employees who plan ahead for their retirement, stand to:
• Attain peace of mind - planning ahead not only reduces your stress during retirement but also in the years leading up to it.
• Optimize their retirement days in ways that suit your current situations
• Attain a more financially sound future
• Make more efficient career-related and general financial decisions prior to retirement with appropriate planning
• Make sure their plans work well with other relevant parties
• Reduce overall costs of living with appropriate planning
In addition to this complete training solution, your employees will get:
• Retirement budget and spending plan templates; and
• A myriad of financial tools, workbooks and manuals to help your employees in their retirement journey.